Are malocclusions hindering your confident smile? Malocclusions refer to irregular bites that create misalignments in your smile. These can be as simple as a single tooth slightly out of position or extreme spacing issues that leave major gaps between the teeth. Listed below are a few common types of misalignments that exist:
– Misplaced midlines happen when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, occur when your lower incisors project out further than the upper incisors.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, occur when your upper incisors project out farther than your lower incisors.
– Deep bites, also known as closed bites, are severe forms of overbites that happen when your lower incisors dig into the area behind your upper incisors.
– Open bites arise when there is a disconnect between your upper and lower incisors when biting down.
– Crossbites occur when your lower jawbone protrudes out beyond your upper jawbone.
– Spacing issues are malocclusions that feature overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions are caused when teeth erupt above the gum line.
– Rotation malocclusions occur when teeth rotate out of their proper alignment locations.
For malocclusion therapy and help from our team at Orthodontics by Dr. Burson, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Stacee Burson, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Texarkana, Texas. We can be reached at 903-334-8080. We look forward to helping you achieve the successful smile you desire.